Crocheted Rag Bag ♥ progress


I showed you these sheets that I'm ripping into strips about a week ago.



I took the time in between other crochet projects to
crochet this rag bag. To prepare it for the lining
I've pulled it over a quart canning jar to block it.


The pretty rayon ribbon beside the bag will border 
the top of the bag and will be also be the strap. 
I'm lining it with the blue floral sheet that the strips were ripped from.

This little bag along with my other crochet that I'm working
on will be put in my Etsy store. I'm working to get at least
a page full of stuff finished so my shop will look somewhat full.
I've waited this long so I can wait a bit longer. 
A lot of my stuff will be for the Fall and Winter seasons.

I'll post the bag again once it's finished.

Thanks so much for visiting with me.
Have a wonderful day!

Sweet Southern Hugs
Stephanie Suzanne

***

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not;
remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”
Epicurus

***

Photo Copyright
Stephanie Suzanne


13 comments:

Jane said...

I love the crochet rag bag! What a great repurpose project using old sheets. And I have to tell you that you barkcloth purse in the previous post is gorgeous!! Such a great vintage feel!
Jane

Kathleen said...

Oh Stephanie, how beautiful your work is. I can't wait to see the finished bag and I hope you sell tons of them! blessings,Kathleen

KatyDidStitches said...

Oh, gosh! How I envy anyone that can crochet! This is beautiful, Stephanie...and I'm sure they'll sell like gangbusters!

Thank you for the nice comment about my Braided Handle Tote. I'm working my way through my backlog of projects JUST so I can get to that '40's evening purse!

Kathy

Sandra Kaye said...

I just love the blue. That is going to be one beautiful bag.!!! ---hugs---Sandie

LuLu Kellogg said...

I can't wait to see this finished!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Mumzie said...

So beautiful! When I was little my granny taught me how to make crochet rag rugs....brought back memories. Thanks for sharing. Mumzie

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

It is going to look great Steph! I can't wait to see all your goodies, now I need to list more stuff so I can go shopping in your store! Hugs Marilou

ShantyGirl said...

This is very pretty! You have some really neat projects!
Sherry

ShantyGirl said...

Oh and I too love love love the Barkcloth purse! Love things from the fourties they had awesome style.
Sherry

lambs and ivy designs said...

Each row is perfect...the very same size and it looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.

Elaine Biss Designs said...

I almost wish you had video of this. This looks like a beautiful labor or love!!!!!
XOXO
Elaine

koralee said...

HI sweet friend....I have not visited you for awhile and I just adore your new look you have going on over here...LOVE it.

I have been so into old vintage sheets and pillow cases lately...my daughter is making bags out of them. I love your idea! Just wish I could crochet...off to visit some of your post I have missed. xoxoxo Hugs

Susie Jefferson said...

Great idea - this has turned out wonderfully! Pretty AND practical just has to be a match made in Heaven, lol.

Thanks so much for visiting, and the message of support - I can't wait for the new machine.