My Cutting Table Update

Hi!
I'm back to show you how my cutting table modification turned out.
Here it is set on top of my existing table 
with my three Ott lamps. I'm addicted to white light.
I've changed over the entire house to the spiral Ott bulbs or an equivalent.
Color and detail really pops in the white light.

I think my new cutting table as a whole reminds me of
the 1930's meets the Atomic Era. :0) Those angled legs
really look like the Eames era.


Here's the table showing all the storage space
between the two table tops.
Pretty cool, don't you think?


I'm tickled, tickled to be able to stand at the table without my back hurting.
I also stand on anti-fatigue mats since my feet give me fits without them.

I hope I've given you a solution too if you are looking for one.

Thanks for visiting me!

Sweet Southern Hugs
Stephanie Suzanne
Queen of Dreamsz

***

What would our world be like if we ceased to worry about
"right" and "wrong," or "good" and "evil," and simply acted so as to maximize well-being,
our own and that of others? Would we lose anything important?
Sam Harris

***

Photo Copyright
Stephanie Suzanne

11 comments:

Marydon said...

Now THIS is one clever idea. I could do this for my work table, altho it is not a cutting table. TY for th ewonderful idea, Stephanie. Your work space is really full of color.
Have a great week.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

It looks great Steph! I love how it turned out and a bonus is you have that extra space, love it! Your blessed to have Thomas do do things like that! Hugs Marilou

xinex said...

What a great table! perfect height and I really like the storage underneath. It's ingenious!...Christine

Barbara Jean said...

Great idea with the tables!!

blessings
barbara jean

Rebecca said...

Great work area!!! I just love that table!!!

Claudia said...

Love the way it turned out, Stephanie! By the way, hadn't seen this more stylish version of the Ott Lamp. I like it much better than the one I have.

xo
Claudia

earthypawscreatures said...

I really like this idea! The table that I work at is also too low, such a creative idea :D I love that it gives you extra space as well :)

~Alli

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! AND I'D BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW YOU!

This is a common problem, back aches when cutting fabric! you don't have to tell me.....your table is fabulous! ingenious actually...with the storage slot underneath!

off to read more of your space!

ciao bella

creative carmelina

Bunny said...

Howdy Steph thanks for stopping over at my blog to see what I have been up to. Thanks for your kind words.
I love love your new cutting table you are so clever. That old table on the bottom is gorgeous too. Love all your antiques you amaze me with your talent of displaying the beauty of years gone by. Love it all.

lambs and ivy designs said...

I think I will TRY to get my husband to build a table like that for me!! And THREE ott lights, I love it!

Chrislyn said...

Stephanie--What a cool idea! Love it!

Chrislyn
spiritdogstudios.typepad.com