Starlight Theatre Presents…



Squirrel in flight artwork © Fox Run Studio


Click on Photos to see the large view...

 

...The Flying Squirrels, of course! They return every evening but it seems that with wintertime approaching they are building their stash as fast as they can with peanuts, sunflower seeds and corn. They glide in and out til the wee hours of the morning. I guess they may come to realize that I'll feed them every evening...but the call of the wild drives them to build that stash just in case I fail to show up.

They are adorable little creatures and I look forward to their arrival. There are normally a half dozen sitting up on the beams watching me add the food. :0) And then the rest of them start gliding in...and then the show begins!

They have become quite tame. I was standing 2 feet away from the hanging feeder and the porch handrail when I took these pictures. They are around 7" to 9" in size and that includes their tail of around 4".....totally CUTE and very entertaining! :0)

Thanks for dropping by for a visit!

♥ ♥ ♥
Live life like you mean it…Create Something!

Scatter Bliss Along the Path,
Stephanie...
the Queen of Dreamsz
♥ ♥ ♥

10 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Very Cool! I've never seen a flying squirrel! They are quite cute :)

Beverly said...

How sweet....we have none in PA that I know of. ...only red and grey squirrels.....much larger, but just as brazen!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Steph, In all of my life, I have never seen a flying squirrel. I didn't realize that they were so tiny. I've heard of them--but never seen one. Don't think they visit my feeders at night since the food is still there in the morning. Great pictures.

Hugs,
Betsy

Cindy said...

How very cute they are!!!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

OMG

We live on a square with a bazillion squirrels - but I've never seen one fly!!!

I must pay more close attention!

Dogwood said...

I have never, never seen flying squirrels. Wow, amazing. I can see why you look forward to seeing them each evening.

Have a nice evening and thanks for the share.

Eggs In My Pocket / Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi, what cuties! I have so enjoyed reading your comments on my blog about your critter visitors and I am so glad you still like the little embroidered piece. We don't have squirrels out here. You think we would. Maybe the mesquite trees and hostile critters is why. However, they do live in the town we moved away from. I used to teach at a pre-school in town. I had a sweet group of 3 year olds. Our class room had a whole wall of windows with an enourmous tree outside to look out upon. A squirrel would do it's antics in the tree and come up to the window. The children just squealed with delight. I miss that time! Have a good weekend ahead! blessings,Kathleen

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

Queen, your little friends are a delight...I did not know we had flying squirrels in the USA.~ Who knew ??~~
Thanks too...for the House Prayer , I always like to pray for our home, and for God to keep it safe and allowing love and "delightful clutter " bloom inside. ~*~*~~*~*~*
Rose
http://delightfulclutter.blogspot.com/

Ruth said...

The squirrels are running all around our yard and neighborhood. It makes our dog so crazy. She spends her days chasing them and smelling around for them.

Ruth

Pearl Maple said...

Darling post about the gliders, they really are cuties. My family is invovled with wildlife rescue and too often these little darlings come into care.